Shared Hosting Vs VPS Hosting: Which Suits You Best?
Are you also thinking like me or are very confused about which hosting is good for your business between VPS hosting and shared hosting?
Well, every business has a different need and everyone has a different budget, accordingly, all host providers offer their plans.
Virtual Private Server Hosting and Shared Hosting are different in many aspects, which we will understand through this post.
What Is Shared Hosting?
Think of shared hosting as apartment living where you must share areas like the pool, backyard, or parking lot. In this scenario, other users who are using the same shared hosting server will share the same resources, like CPU, disc space, and memory, with your website. The most affordable choice is shared hosting.
Unfortunately, if other websites are on the same server as you are experiencing high traffic, your website may have restricted bandwidth and become slow.
Shared hosting is similar to that in that you can enjoy the pool while it is not busy, but you must still prepare for when everyone enters and space becomes limited.
Why Choose Shared Hosting?
- When You Have Little Money In Your Pocket.
- When You Are Making Site For Your Purpose.
- Don’t Have Any Technical Knowledge.
- Have A Small Sized Company.
Pros Of Shared Hosting
- It Is A Beginner Friendly And Affordable For Pocket.
- It Is Easy To Self Manage.
- No Administration Issues.
- Host Multiple Domains.
- It Is Professionally Managed.
Cons Of Shared Hosting
- Lack Of Admin Access.
- Performance Issue Due To Other Customers
- Limited Space.
- Limitation On What Can You Install.
What Is VPS Hosting?
While you will still share a single physical server with other users when using VPS hosting, each user will have their own set of resources, so unlike shared hosting, you won’t be impacted by the performance of other websites on the same server.
VPS hosting ensures that resources are constantly available to you by providing a dedicated virtual partition for each user. VPS is, a little more costly than shared hosting.
A VPS partition, if we’re to go with the previous analogy, is like owning a penthouse or condo; there are many apartments in the building that are similar to it, but you have all you need and don’t have to share it with anybody else.
Related Article- Best Hosting For Small Business
Why Choose VPS Hosting?
- More Affordable Then Having A Dedicated Server.
- VPS Hosting Gives You More Resources Than Shared Hosting.
- Your Website Can Handle Tons Of Traffic.
- You Can Expand Your Business In the Future.
Pros Of VPS Hosting
- Greater Storage And Bandwidth.
- High Levels Of Security.
- It Is Not Affected By Other Sites’ Traffic.
- More Stable And Reliable Than Shared Hosting.
- Have to Support From A Skilled Tech Team.
Cons Of VPS Hosting
- Pricing Is High
- Not Secured As Dedicated Server Hosting.
- Needs Technical Expertise.
Shared Hosting Vs VPS Hosting Comparison
|Key Difference||Shared Hosting||VPS Hosting|
|1. Security:||Shared hosting is very secure, but if one site on your server is hacked, then your site may also be at risk.||VPS Hosting has personal security software that ensures that your site is never hacked.|
|2. Pricing:||Share hosting comes at a very low price||VPS hosting is a bit expensive compared to share hosting|
|3. Performance:||Good Uptime, bandwidth, and support of hundreds of unique visitors every week.||Good page loading speed and bandwidth to support thousands of customers every week.|
|4. Customization||Shared hosting offers fewer customization VPS VPS||VPS hosting offers more customization than shared hosting.|
|5. Tech Support||If you have a shared server then you will get a late response from customers to support.||The customer support team of VPS Hosting Servers helps you quickly|
Choosing your hosting plan is based on what is the need of your website, you should take your plan accordingly.
Both shared hosting and VPS hosting plans are good, you just have to see which one fits you.
It is a fact that Shared Hosting is weaker than VPS Hosting but both have their advantages.
In the end, you will have to suck as to which plan fits you and which plan do you want to go for.
We hope that this article of ours has cleared your confusion, still, if you have any problem then you can ask us in the comments.
Keywords To Search
- Shared Hosting Vs VPS Hosting
- VPS vs shared hosting
- VPS hosting vs shared hosting
- shared hosting vs VPS vs dedicated server
- shared hosting vs VPS vs dedicated vs cloud
- shared web hosting vs VPS
- VPS server vs shared hosting
- VPS vs shared hosting Reddit
We As A Team Helping Small Entrepreneurs To Take There Business Online.
And Sharing The Stuff That Will Helps To Strengthen the Business